- Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services)
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Chef for managing infrastructure
- Worked on Telecom Mediation Systems
- Involved in design, tuning and maintenance
- Research and develop tools and systems to aid in teaching-learning process and OLPC deployment.
- Hacking, developing, and buiding Linux based operating system and tools for XO Laptop and school server.
- Maintaining and building content bundles for school server content updates.
- Maintaining services (e.g. apache, mysql, hudson, git, hg, redmine) spanned across various servers.
- Maintaining network and security (firewall).
- Handle in-bound IT operations.
- Implemented OCS Inventory NG for hardware and software asset
- Developed custom interface to handle the inventory at the
- Developed (bug fixing) D2HRM, a HRM solution which is a hack of Orange HRM.
- Maintained local servers.
- Maintained a network of more than 210 hosts in a mixed (Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux) environment.
- Developed and managed security firewall
- Configured and maintained essential services like DHCP, DNS,
- Caching web proxy
- Bandwidth Control and monitoring
- Managed database backups and server monitoring on Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
- Ran classes on .NET framework devlopment (specifically VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Developed marketing strategies and organized marketing campaigns.
- Handled internal audit of accounts.
Co-presented on “Disrupting Education the Open Source Way” (along with Rabi Karmacharya)
Blogger/Author for opensource.com. See https://opensource.com/users/aks
Led the Artwork team for Software Freedom Day 2008 Nepal celebrations.
Organized Fedora Cambridge Release party at Kathmandu, Nepal. http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=Fedora_10_Cambridge_Release_Party
Co-Lead the Software Freedom Day 2008 Nepal celebrations. http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=SFD2008:Artwork
Ran sessions at the FOSS Essentials training. http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=FOSS_Essentials_Training_for_Enterprise_2009
Lead the Software Freedom Day 2009 Nepal celebrations. http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=SFD2009:_Event_Coordination and http://wiki.fossnepal.org/index.php?title=SFD2009:_Documentation
Presented on “How would you celebrate software freedom?” http://2010.barcamp.org.np/sessions/how-would-you-
Packaging RPMs for SchoolTool and its dependencies. Build engine/scripts available at http://gitorious.org/schooltool-rpm.
The digital library available at www.pustakalaya.org. Added features, hacked the code to suit the needs, and a long set of changes to the interface.
Developed the overall system for managing citizenship in Nepal.
Developed an information system for library leveraging the power of J2EE platform.
Implemented GPS for tracking vehicle, also including mapping support.
Designed the database for the KUAS.